Thursday, March 14, 2013

Weekend Without the Wee One

Tomorrow Bob and I leave for our trip to Grand Forks. His hockey team plays a fun tournament there every year against some teams from their league, but also against some American teams too. I'm not really sure how this tradition came about, or whose idea it was, but what I do know is that it is a boys weekend and the boys like to get drunk.

Women and children are allowed to tag along. This woman will not be bringing any children along with her though. Last year at the tournament I was in my first trimester, super sick, and a huge sober bitch. I need alcohol and I need a vacation. I might even smoke a flavoured cigarello just to really live it up!

My sister will be staying at my apartment, tending to the cats and baby. She is inexperienced to the point that my mother will be visiting frequently. (Mom's idea, not mine.) However, I have every confidence that she will get along fine. She had better. I'm not driving back to Canada if something goes wrong. Someone will have to die before I cut this vacation short. I am operating under the assumption that this is the only vacation I will have for the rest of the year.

Here's what I'm most looking forward to about our trip:
  • Sleeping in.
  • Not cooking.
  • Not cleaning.
  • Swimming.
  • Drinking.
  • Shopping.
  • Peace and quiet.
  • Making fun of Bob when he throws up.
Sure in my drunken stupor I'll probably start to cry about how much I miss my little baby, but in the morning when I'm all hungover, I'll be damn glad we didn't take her with us. Bob will probably feel the same. It's not very often you get to dump your kid(s) on someone for the weekend and just leave town. We're really lucky we're able to do this and I don't feel guilty at all.

Cheers, to no responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment