Monday, March 18, 2013

Teeth

The trip to Grand Forks was the most fun I've had in a while and before it was over I was already counting down the days to next year's trip. We brought back about $500 worth of stuff, (groceries, clothes, baby, alcohol...) and you have no idea how amazing it felt to blow through that money so fast. Bob and I have been living paycheck to paycheck for a long time and I saved up for this trip for 3 months.

I've known for a while that I have a bit of a shopping addiction, but I only brought cash down with me so there was no way I could get myself into any trouble. Once the money was gone, that was it for me. In three hours I had blown through 3/4 of my allowance. Bob paid for our meals, so at least I didn't starve.

Due to the poor timing of the hockey games, (they played 3 games in a day,) we didn't get to have a big party where everyone got drunk together because everyone was so tired, but Bob and I did have a hilarious night of drinking with 3 other members of the team in their hotel room. Last year Bob and I put together a video of the weekend with a highlights reel of footage I shot at the games and also a montage of party footage. I only shot 2 games, and didn't get any drunk-cam type stuff, so I don't know if there will be a video. It's nice using my skills to shoot and edit once in a while. I wish I could do it more often.

Anyway, I missed my baby just 5 minutes after leaving the house. I had pictures of her on my camera and I flipped through them and watched the videos of her eating avocado. The second day of the trip I enjoyed myself and stopped worrying about her. The final day though, my sister texted and told me that Tesla's 2 bottom teeth were coming in!

That's it! Back to Canada!!!

The whole way home I just wanted to hold my baby and see her two little teeth. We were practically driving in a whiteout, so it took forever. We even played car-ride games to help stay awake. We finally get home and I'm so happy, I rush inside to say hi to my baby... I pick her up... She looks at me... And starts crying! I guess I'll be keeping these cute hair barrettes all to myself if that's how you want to play it.

She warmed up pretty quick. And her two little teeth are adorable. It's hard getting a picture because her tongue is always in the way and the teeth haven't fully come in, otherwise I would have posted that by now.

Next year at this time she'll be 18 months old and I don't know if we'll be bringing her with us to the next Grand Forks hockey tournament, or if we can find someone to house-sit again for us, but I'll post the advertisement now: Attractive Couple Seeks Mature, Responsible Person to Take Care of 1 Baby and 3 Cats in Their Home For a Weekend in March, 2014. Serious Inquiries Only.

No comments:

Post a Comment